Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Where did the time go?

There are eighteen days left of my undergraduate career. Not that I'm counting or anything, but that's not a long time. Where has the semester gone? It feels like just yesterday I was a freshman and ready for what laid ahead of me. Now I'm a graduating senior with grown up responsibilities. I don't know if I'm ready to be a legit grown up.

Where there are bills and meetings and not the comfort of going to class. Four years have gone by so fast and at the same time so slowly. I have so many places to go before I'm a "grown up". I want to see the world, live, do something!

I feel like I haven't done enough. I'm 21 and I've got nothing exciting to show for myself. Yes, I am going to graduate and that within itself is a big achievement. (I'm actually graduating with two degrees, but hey, who's counting)

Even though I feel like I haven't done much I still have accomplished plenty of things. I grew up so much in these past four years. I can do things on my own, I don't always have to rely on others to accomplish things. I keep going back and forth on the idea that I haven't done anything but at the same time I've done a lot in the past four years.

I'm sure there are people out there that didn't think I was even going to finish college, hell there were times I thought I wasn't going to finish college. I just have this feeling of disappointment because I'm going back to the job I left when I was in High School. Yes I have more to offer this time around, but I feel like I'm not accomplishing anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment